The practice will ensure that:
- You will be seen by a doctor for an urgent consultation on the same day you request assistance.
- You can be seen for non-urgent requests within 24 hours during morning 'open' surgeries, or by appointment.
- Repeat prescriptions will be available for collection, either from the surgery or local pharmacy of your choice, within 48 working hours of us receiving your request.
- In an emergency, out of normal opening hours, if you telephone the practice you will be able to contact the out-of-hours service with no more than one telephone call.
- You will be advised of the system for handling any suggestions or complaints you may have.
- Assistance to the building is available if you are elderly, disabled, or with young children.
- All aspects of your visit will be dealt with in strictest confidence and you will have complete privacy if this is required.
- Results of most routine tests will be available within 72 hours of investigation.
- Details of clinics and surgeries will be widely advertised in the practice and on the website.
- All members of the practice team are committed to medical education and general practice training.
- There is usually a junior doctor training in the practice. You may be offered a consultation with this FULLY QUALIFIED doctor, but you are entitled to see one of the practice GPs if you prefer.
- Sometimes you may be asked whether your consultation could be recorded for training purposes. You are entitled to refuse this during your visit.