Catherine House Surgery has established a group of patients who are willing to contribute some of their time to the development of the practice and its services, we are looking for new members, please contact the surgery.
We are especially keen to make sure that the group is fully representative of our patients and therefore invite anyone with an interest to enquire about joining.
A Patient Participation Group (PPG) is generally used to describe a patient group based in a GP practice. It is led by patients but run in partnership with the GP practice to:
- Give views as a patient on how services can be improved and receive feedback on those views
- Help patients to be more informed and responsible for their own health
- Build a positive working relationship with the practice
- Meet other patients and share experiences
- Support the practice to help patients to stay well
- Help to improve communication between practice and patients
Each PPG is unique. It makes decisions on its own structure, priorities and work programme. As it acts as a bridge between patients and the GP practice, it is important that each PPG has a broad base of patient involvement and views. We will try to make our PPG as representative of our practice population as possible, and encourage all patients to get involved.